Specialists in the design and construction of food processing facilities
Apollo are experts in the design and build of food processing facilities, from poultry, meat and aquaculture processing plants to bakeries, food grade production and nutraceutical labs.
As food processing design & construction specialists, we consider everything that affects the timing and cost of your project, not just the exterior building.
For all of our food processing design & construction projects we address the challenges presented by:
- Resource & building consent applications
- Reducing supply chain costs through intelligent design
- Wastewater treatment
- Structural, thermal & hygiene building design
- Fire protection
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or HASOP processes
- Process & storage risk
- Chiller, freezer & controlled atmosphere solutions
- Process flow design & systems
- Coordination with process vendor & system operators
- Rising energy costs
- Health & Safety both in the project delivery and the workplace
Apollo has a diverse working knowledge of the various production techniques utilised in food processing facilities. From a one-off production to batch, mass and continuous flow production, Apollo understands what is required when designing fit-for-purpose and efficient process-intensive buildings.
Whether it's pressurised hygiene zones, HEPA filtration, floor protection, innovative coving and skirting solutions, waste disposal, drainage, refrigeration or piped services – we understand what materials work best in certain environments and the impact this can have on the construction project feasibility for food grade buildings. We are constantly exploring and utilising new and emerging technologies for food grade and cleanroom environments for our food processing construction projects.